Welcome to Nursery
Our teacher is Mrs Robson and our teaching assistant is Miss Kennon.
At Adderlane, we value play as we know that is how our children learn best. They are encouraged to join in all activities, to be independent and to make choices. Within Nursery we offer a rich and varied curriculum in a safe but inviting learning environment. We understand that children develop at their own pace, but with encouragement and opportunity they will reach their full potential. All of our Early Years staff are committed to keeping your child happy and safe. Staff are there to guide, teach and get to know both yourself and your child during your time in their class. At Adderlane we are Early Adopters of the new Early Learning Goals and are following the new Development Matters to plan and deliver exciting learning to your children. These documents have Prime Areas of Learning and Specific Areas of Learning.
Prime Areas of Learning: Communication & Language, Physical Development, Personal, Social & Emotional Development
Skills within these aspects of our curriculum are fundamental to future learning, when entering Nursery, these areas of learning are prime focus. Through Launchpad to Literacy, we focus on ensuring your children are reading for synthetic phonics in Reception.
Specific Areas of Learning: Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the World, Expressive Arts & Design
These aspects of learning include essential skills and knowledge. Progression over the year will ensure we are ready for our Reception year. Early mark-making is important to allow children to explore different writing tools, but also gives them the confidence to 'brave write' in Reception.
We also understand how important it is to follow your child's interests through learning opportunities in our environment - this is when children learn best as they are enthusiastic and engaged. Through this, we assess Characteristics of Effective Teaching and Learning and use our expertise to effectively plan next steps to move learning on in an engaging way.
- We use Class Dojo as a way to keep in touch with parents - please make sure you check it regularly for any important messages.
- PE is on a Wednesday morning - children need a plain blue t-shirt, shorts and plimsolls.
- Parents are encouraged to monitor their child's online learning journal through the Evidence Me app. It's a fantastic tool! We really value parent observations too - remember to upload photos from home on to Evidence Me.
- The morning session begins and 9:00 and finishes at 12:00.
- The full day session (for 30 hour-funded children only) begins at 8:50 and finishes at 2:50.